1) Recognize that anger is awful
2) Make the attainment of a tranquil mind your highest goal
3) Choose your friends wisely
4) If you have a hot temper, use art and music to calm the mind
5) Learn your anger triggers and stop it early
6) Resist the impulse to be curious
7) Don’t seek reasons to be angry
8) See yourself in the offender
9) Just wait
10) Do battle with yourself
11) Build a collection of anger case-studies
12) Develop tolerance
So, here's the thing: All of these principles are what Jesus taught, too.
Funny, isn't it, how the great, and by this I mean the REALLY great, teachers have the same basic philosophy.
Do check out this link if you want to understand what's behind each of these twelve rules. (Because, if you're like me, you're wondering about Rule No. 6, "Resist the impulse to be curious.")
Or, better yet, read the Book of Mormon!